Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dare to Love

Now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.
1 Corinthians 13:13
A local church was holding a "Fireproof" movie viewing and wedding retreat. They were hosting a dinner and wanted to have a "wedding" themed cake for dessert. I haven't seen the movie yet (it is on my Netflix list with a 'long wait' attached to it), but I do have "The Love Dare" book so I found a verse in the front of that book that you hear recited at many weddings. I decided to incorporate that into the design. The picture is a bit hard to make out, white on white looks good in person, just doesn't translate in photo form.
This is an Italian Cream cake with Cream Cheese Icing. The cornelli lace and verse were done with buttercream icing.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful -- my favorite Verse from the Bible -- just lovely. Now I'll have to check out the movie as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cake at my church. It was absolutely beautiful. It was also one of the most delicious cakes I have ever eaten. Karen you have been blessed with a gift not a talent.

    ReplyDelete