Thursday, May 7, 2009

Appreciate the Teachers!

What is sweeter than a "Lime in the Coconut" cupcake?
THREE "Lime in the Coconut" Cupcakes!
(I did make more than three!)
This week is National Teacher Appreciation week and our school's PTO hosted a luncheon for all the teachers and staff. They supplied the main course and then parents supplied the side dishes and desserts.
Perfect timing for me to try a new recipe that I saw on the Food Network!
"Put the Lime in the Coconut" was one of the winning recipes on their new show Ultimate Recipe Showdown. I love coconut and to add a tropical citrus flavor with lime sounded absolutely scrumptious. If you want the recipe check here.
The cupcake itself is a coconut cake with a sweet lime glaze to coat the cooling cupcake.
Then you add coconut milk (and I added some lime juice) to a delicious cream cheese icing.
Yummy!
I had these beautiful cupcake liners that I bought knowing I would use them for something special. I added an additional liner after baking and then tied a light green ribbon around for a nice presentation.
I thank ALL the teachers for what they do to help grow our nation's children into great future leaders. But I especially thank those that are touching my children's lives on a daily basis.
I APPRECIATE all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment