Friday, November 22, 2013

Cake Believe 2014 Hiatus


As we are approaching the end of 2013 and looking forward to the new year I have news I would like to share with you all.   

Beginning  January 2014, Cake Believe will be taking a hiatus.

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my wonderful clients who return to me each and every year to help celebrate those special moments in their lives.  I would not be the cake artist I am today if it weren’t for your faith in me.  Many of you I consider friends and I love seeing your kids as they grow, helping welcome babies to your families and being a part of celebrating the loving moments of weddings and anniversaries.  I am so grateful you have chosen my art to be a part of your special days.  Business has really grown beyond the work of one person and I have spent many months considering this change.

The things I am looking forward to:  1) SLEEP!  Most weekends I operate on very few hours of sleep and lots of caffeine (I never thought I would still be pulling all-nighters so many years after college!)!  2) Family time on the weekends. 3) A kitchen that isn’t covered in SUGAR! ;)

Things I will miss: 1) Meeting new people and seeing familiar friendly faces. 2) The great smiles and looks of wonder as someone first sets eyes on their cake!  That has been the priceless gifts I have received when delivering cakes.

When I started this venture it was to give birthday cakes to my own children that were homemade with love only the way a mother can make.  As a hobbyist caker, I have put so much of myself into each and every cake, whether for my child or someone elses.  I have grown tremendously as a baker, cake artist and as a mother.  Recently I found as I was sorting through my pictures of the last few years, they are mostly cakes/cookies and the like and very few of my own kids and family time.  As we sometimes get reminded in life, each moment we have together is a gift AND kids grow up WAY TOO FAST.  I want to be able to spend more time with my family before the kids are leading their separate lives and moving on and up in the world. 

So while I have loved every moment of creating special cakes and goodies to help other families celebrate, this hiatus will allow me to spend everyday moments (especially weekends) with my family.  I can’t wait to see what my photo downloads are going to contain.

I don’t know what the future holds and when or if Cake Believe will begin operating again.  But I thank you all for your faith and support of my business.  I love you all!

Thanks for thinking “Cake Believe”!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your website today for a gymnast cake. But this post made me smile. I think it is great that you are finding balance. Wish you and your family well and thank you for your Cake Believe site. It's still helping a lot of people still (like me). I also downloaded your tutorial. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are on a time of leave but could you please explain to me how you molded the facial features of the bulldog cake?

    ReplyDelete