Saturday, February 28, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow!

We're off to see the wizard....... Oh....my.....goodness......DID I have FUN with this cake! How invigorating to get a theme that seems so removed from the current trends of cartoon characters! Luckily I was trusted to make my own decisions about design. (Gotta love that!) I started with a stacked whimsy cake all green, added the yellow brick road (fondant) and then went to the Emerald City. The ruby slippers are colored chocolate that is covered with edible glitter. The rainbow and Emerald City are also chocolate. My melted witch, complete with hat and broom are chocolate and fondant. I incorporated the poppies and the mean apple trees. If I had more room, I would have kept on and on!
Not to boast.....but I LOVE this cake!

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who loves this cake! What an incredible cake! I have been looking at it all week - drooling over it!!! I keep meaning to show it to the kids (esp Maddie) when they get home. Mads always has a pair of ruby reds in her closet -- as every girl must! She will love it! Thanks, always for sharing your talent! Such fun to hear how you do things -- it is all SO over MY pea brained head! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, even though you live in Georgia and I'm in Canada, I'm tempted to make you make a cake for me just to see a picture!

    ReplyDelete