Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pink and Brown Baby Shower

I was asked to make a baby shower cake.
The baby's nursery will be done in pink and brown so we decided that would be a good color pallette for the cake as well.
Other than the colors, I was given artistic license to design what I wanted. :o)
Babies make me think of blankets and quilts so I gave the sides a quilted pattern and embellished them with little edible pearls.
(They are a miniature version of jaw breakers, so watch your teeth!)
Here is the top view of the cake. I just love the brown fondant flowers with pink centers. I made a pink and brown fondant plaque for the center of the cake and added a couple flowers.
I just love baby showers.
Best wishes to the family and the soon to be new addition!



1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I've never been sure about the whole pink and brown, but this cake looks really good. The flower border is very effective. Well dons

    ReplyDelete