Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful for Teachers

I was so happy to be asked to make the "Teacher of the Year" cake for a fall themed celebration this year. I have seen this design in many ways and have been wanting the chance to make one.

I did make a smaller cake for Mrs Thompson last spring when it was first announced she would be teacher of the year for this year. So I thought I might go with a similar design....but when I heard they wanted the cake to match their fall themed decorations...I knew exactly what to do!
These are colored chocolate leaves attached to the buttercream iced cake with buttercream icing. I had some delicious chocolate buttercream icing on hand to make the branches of the trees. I hope everyone enjoyed the celebration!

Congratulations Mrs. Thompson!

No comments:

Post a Comment