Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rudolph the Red Nosed Cupcake!

This cute and easy cupcake was for a cake decorating demonstration that I did today. One of my neighbors belonged to a local MOPS group and asked me several months ago if I would like to do a presentation for the December meeting.
So over the course of the last few weeks I knew I needed a quick and easy project. Especially because the PS's (preschoolers) were going to be attending the meeting with their M's. I went to my stack of cake mags/books and online to get some ideas.
I decided it would need to be a cupcake that anyone could make and one that has ingredients easily found in your local supermarket. With all that in mind....I wanted to use chocolate buttercream and what better than a brown reindeer!
Rudolph has pretzel antlers, a sour cherry candy nose, buttercream icing eyes with mini chocolate chip pupils and a buttercream smile! It is a quick and easy project and the kids love making their own!

Merry Christmas MOPS! Thanks for letting me share part of my passion with you!

1 comment: