Thursday, February 4, 2010

World of Warcraft

I love to play games almost as much as I love cake decorating! I haven't actually played World of Warcraft, but I did do some research on the WWW before attempting this cake. There are so many characters, lands, weapons, armors, etc. I knew I couldn't get very detailed on the cake because I don't know the details of Corey's interest in the game (and I'm pretty sure you don't want to cross the wrong line, these WoW people can get pretty serious).

It does have a really cool logo....so I went with that! This is the logo you see online.This is my chocolate logo. I like to use different shades and highlights to bring out the details.



This is the cake that the logo went on. I created a cobblestone effect on the sides because I saw several screen shots of the game, where "old world" seemed to fit in. I also found a weapon that looked cool to me and wanted to add that as well.
This is a vanilla almond sour cream and chocolate mud cake with chocolate buttercream filling and buttercream icing.

Happy 21st Corey!

No comments:

Post a Comment