Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chick Egg Cookies

I saw these cute little refrigerator magnets in the Oriental Trading catalog a couple of years ago. I never ordered them, but I saved the picture because I thought they would make the cutest cookies for Easter!

So this year, I planned ahead and made plenty of cookie dough and went to work. I looked to see if I could find a special cookie cutter that would fit the shapes, alas I didn't find anything that was ready made. So I just used my egg shape cutter and improvised.

I only made the egg chick design. Because I think the other chick designs deserve the have a cutter made to the appropriate shapes. I know there are ways to make your own cutters....so next year I'll plan even farther ahead and make cutters for the chick with bunny ears!

I like that way these turned out. I used wet on wet icing to get the colorful spots on the eggs. Then edible marker to give each egg their own eyes. The kids enjoyed these as well!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment