Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Iron Man

Iron Man Theme. Personally, I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet, but I really liked the first movie. I'm not big into action movies....but I guess I have a soft spot for Robert Downey Jr.
Realistic characters can be quite a challenge when making the translation into sugar. This was the picture mom sent of the decorations.I really liked the circuit board background and wanted to incorporate that into the overall design. So I made up my own circuits on all 4 sides of the cake.







I made Iron Man from chocolate so I could place him on the cake easily with my circuit board background.
Mom had a great phrase to use..."Charged Up For Your Birthday"... it really helped bring home the use of the buttercream "wiring".
Hope your 8th Birthday was "electrifying"!

No comments:

Post a Comment