Friday, October 22, 2010

Monkeying Around

If you have been following me for awhile, you know how lucky I feel to have made my niece's birthday cakes for her 1st and 2nd birthdays.....

well my luck continues because I was able to be there and make her 3rd birthday!

Her mom, my sister, said that the cake needed to include a MONKEY!!! 

Well I was thrilled to hear, because I have been coveting one of the cutest cakes ever on flickr by Chocomocakes
(Mine are no where near her amazing talent, but a girl can aspire!)

I love the little monkey she made, so I wanted to style my monkey in that fashion. 

Now traveling and decorating aren't always the best companions.  There were a few tools that I forgot and there wasn't a flat surface to work on at the cabin, so I'm using those as my excuses reasons why my cake doesn't look like hers!  Ha Ha.
When I asked Leah what her favorite color was she told me "pink and yellow", so that settled it.  Pink was a definite color.  I added the yellow flowers and the monkey's yellow banana and yellow lettering.  The other color I like with pink is lime green so for the bottom tier I added pink and green stripes.


Here is the beautiful birthday girl with her cake.  Oh how I hope to make her cake again next year!
I love you Leelups!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your monkey is too cute - great design. Looks like she loves it; before you know it you'll be making #4! :)

    ReplyDelete