Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh "Deer"!

I love when someone comes to me with a new idea! 

Don't get me wrong, I love doing themes to match invitations or party decorations, because there is some totally cute/awesome stuff out there! 

But to have an idea and then to create it is pretty darn cool.

So her hubby's turning 30 and he's a deer hunter....so....

Oh "Deer"!  Will is 30!

I love the expression I was able to get on this guy! 

Of course everything always looks better in real life....(I seriously need some photography skills and a new camera!) 
Not sure if you can see the shape of his mouth, but he is wide eyed and jaw dropped in his look!

Here is the side view to help you see how he is built.  He is made from RKT, then covered in buttercream and fondant.  I made his antlers from modeling chocolate hoping they would maintain their shape, but I did end up having to put a wire support in those.  I try to avoid putting non-edible things in/on cake, I worry about someone chomping down on something unexpected. 

So here you go....ALMOST 100% edible.

Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment