Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thomas the Train

I really love the challenge that comes with a 3D cake.

You have to think about the physics and gravity issues to make sure your cake will remain stable enough for transport.  I also try to use the minimal amount of internal structural support to ensure easy cutting and serving at the party. 

There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to make a Thomas the Train cake.  And you better believe I looked at a LOT of them!  I find the best teachers are the ones out there blogging and sharing!  Here is a REALLY good step by step tutorial

Also, finding pictures (or better yet a physical model) of what you want your final product to look like really helps!  You have to use your artist's eye to think about dimension and proportions.


 


I found myself rushing to get to delivery so I didn't get the best pictures.  But I hope you can see all the fun details.

Thanks for stopping by! 
And if you don't mind ....  know of any good tutorials to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment