Sunday, January 22, 2012

40 and....watch out...the grim reaper is coming to your party!

So my neighbor is turning 40 and her hubby came over to see if I could make a cake.

Uh....YEAH!

First question I ask is "you want to be the guy who praises her for being "40 and fabulous"?  or the grim reaper is knocking on her door guy?"

Yeah, well he um, picked dark. 
I hope you survive this dear neighbor!

Next thing, let me see what scrapbook paper I have around that is black. 

Ooooo, this is really nice with the concentric circles....I can totally use this!

I covered the cake board with the paper and since I'm pretty sure most people don't want a mouthful of black icing....we'll go with black on white instead of white on black. 
I think the contrast looks very nice from the board to the cake.

I'll add a cascade of black flowers too. 


Chris really wanted the grim reaper, but I wanted to go cute and not scary..... I found a good clip art and created him in chocolate!

He is pointing, so perfect placement for announcing how old Tracy is!

Happy Birthday dear neighbor!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you are able to turn something morbid and macabre into such a pretty cake. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ~ Thank you dear friend! I hope I can make you a cake someday!

      Delete