Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cupcakes 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

Maybe you are ready to take down your Christmas decorations.
Maybe it's snowing where you are.

I am taking down my decorations, but it is definitely NOT snowing here. It is cool and we have had the fireplace going to heat up the living room

These were the cupcakes I made for the classroom parties before the break.
I am late in posting but wanted to share!


I came up with this idea for a string of lights in a pile when I was working with some green chocolate. Piping it with a tip 3 or 4 really looked like Christmas light wires to me....and then I remembered I had some chocolate covered sunflower seeds in my cake cabinet. Perfect sizes and colors....because they are more oval like real lightbulbs. I rolled the edges in primary color confetti sprinkles to add more color.


These are fondant snowflakes made with a PME plunger set that I got last year at the ICES convention in Orlando. I also rolled the edges in blue sparkling sugar.
I really like the look of a sugar edge on a cupcake.


Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
2010 is upon us and I hope it brings the best for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment