Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Raspberry Marshmallows!

I saw another blog that showed some awesome marshmallows, and I thought....hmmm.....I could try that!

I searched the www for recipes and found many were the same and I wanted to make raspberry flavored marshmallows. So I decided to try Martha's recipe for strawberry marshmallows and substituted raspberry jam instead.

This is the marshmallow in the pan cooling. I didn't take any pics of the steps leading up to this..... I guess I should work on that!

Once they have set a few hours or overnight.... turn the pan out onto a powder sugared board and slice with an oil covered knife (because this stuff is sticky!)

Then cut into squares and toss in powdered sugar, so they don't stick to each other.
Aren't they pretty?
Here's a close up of the finished product.
Me personally, not so much a marshmallow fan....but you have to try homemade marshmallows! Imagine one of these floating in your hot chocolate.....or making a raspberry marshmallow smore! I think everyone should try these at least once!
I'd love to try other flavors and different recipes....have one to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment