Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mortarboard Mayhem....or Mad Cap Grad Cap!

How amazing is it that my "niece" is graduating from High School. Her mother isn't my sister by birth, but she's the sister that I met in college. My kids know her as "Aunt" Kathy and I think of her kids as close as my own.

Seems like only yesterday, this happened...
When we moved away to Texas, I'm pretty sure this was the last time she sat on my lap and was wrapped in my arms....
Where does the time go????

So my amazingly smart, talented, beautiful and all around wonderful "niece" Kaitlyn is graduating from High School this Saturday. She is 2nd in her class and will be giving a speech at the commencement. I wish I could be there, but alas we are still in school here and cake duty calls me as well. I'm hoping to get a copy of the video!

When her announcement arrived in the mail, I started thinking about what kind of gift to get her, I of course wanted it to be something from my heart. Most things I make are perishable, but are made with love, so I decided to make her some cookie favors for her graduation party.

So 8 dozen cookies, count 'em 96 cookies later.....
I sent them overnight FedEx today. I can't wait for them to arrive so I know what she thinks about them.

Congratulations Kaitlyn!

I am beaming with pride, I love you and am so proud of you.....oh and about that whole CSU thing....we'll have to talk about that later! Go Buffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment