Monday, September 21, 2009

CNA ~ Certified Nursing Assistants

In our lives, at one point or another we have all been helped or will be helped by a CNA.
You really have to give a great big hand to anyone working in the medical profession.... I mean those people save lives and everything!
CNA's sometimes get stuck with the "dirty" work of taking care of people....and yet they do it every day, because they know how important it is to each and every person they help.

When I was asked to make a cake for a CNA graduating class, I of course added some of the things that help them do their jobs......a scrub smock,
a stethoscope,
a syringe,
some medicine
and a band-aid.
See....you feel better already don't you?





The teacher of the class didn't want to forget one of the most important skills a CNA must possess...
the ability to take care of a bedpan!

Okay....I know what you're thinking.....ewwwwwwwww!
But really this cake is 100% edible and actually I would say the "poo" is really quite tasty! It's a delicious chocolate buttercream recipe that I make with Hershey's cocoa powder....yum ~yum! I even made a "poo" border around the "bottom" edge of the cake to ensure everyone would get their fair share of the goodness!
(I haven't heard back to see how it all went over with the students....but I'll keep you posted.)

CNA's do have BIG hearts!
Congratulations everyone....you did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment